PayPal Donation

If you like MyBabyBook.org and find it useful, you can make a small donation to help us maintain the site.

Amount: 

Current News

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Vitamin D for children?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Post any baby health related topics- weight, temperature, skin color etc...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Vitamin D for children?

Vitamin D for children? 1 month ago #1

Hi everyone, I have four kids, my youngest one is 16 months old. I have a question related to vitamin D. My son’s pediatrician told me to give him vit. D daily until he turns 2. I have never given Vit. D to my any other kid at this stage. I was wondering does anyone else also doing it? What is the reason for giving it every day? Is this a normal practice these days or what? Won’t there be any side effects for giving it every day to such a little child? Even though I know that vit. D is good for bones n stuff but. Your help and guidance in this regard is highly appreciated

Re: Vitamin D for children? 3 weeks, 4 days ago #2

• Jami909
  • Fresh Boarder
hi there, I also have a child who is 16 months old and his paediatrician also told me to give him Vit.D every day. and I am giving it. I don't see any harm in it. as Vit. D is very important for bones, and unfortunately, the only way to get is through sunlight or direct sun exposure.As per today's life, kids did not get enough sun exposure that's why doctors ask to give Vit.D to newborns until they turn 2.

Re: Vitamin D for children? 2 weeks, 4 days ago #3

hello people!!! Welcome to all those ladies to reply to my post if they have made some kind of experience related to this. I have a child that is my first child and his bones week due to lack of vitamin D and his bones are like straws. He looks younger as compared to his age. I went to the doctor and he suggested me to give him vitamin D through natural things or artificial. After giving that though he is growing well and I feel a change in his body structure but small pimples appear on his body. Even though the face is covered with some type of rashes. He tries to peel them at night during sleeping but I am afraid that if he peels out then signs will leave their stains on there permanently and he will look ugly. What should I do??? Need help!!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds